Carpenter, Residential Design Build
We are hiring for an exceptional carpenter. Are you a professional in the remodeling industry looking to excel in your craft? Are you underappreciated or not utilized to your fullest potential in your current work situation? If this sounds like you, we would love for you to join our team at Revamped Design Build Remodel in Big Rapids, Michigan.
We are looking for a carpenter with experience, positive attitude, and is a self-starter. Your duties will include remodeling tasks – installing surface protection and dust walls, light dismantling, rough framing, trim carpentry, light drywall, cabinet install, and exterior remodeling task such as window and siding installation. You will work under direct supervision of an experienced Project Manager. You will be exposed to the working systems of a home, daily interactions with our trade contractors, as well as contributing to the daily clean up and respect of our clients’ homes. Please see below for a full job description. Applicants must be able to pass a background check and drug test. Applicants also must have a valid drivers license. Please read the full job description below and apply for the position if you feel like you would be a good fit for our team.
Carpenter Job Description
The Carpenter’s starting time is 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. with one half hour for lunch. The work week is normally Monday through Friday but because of the responsibilities of running a construction project, these hours are somewhat flexible. Pay is on a bi-weekly pay period with one week held back.
The carpenter has strong organizations and communication skills. A good understanding of rough and finish carpentry methods and techniques, refined carpentry skills and the ability to interact with subcontractors and clients.
• Be able to perform carpentry at the highest level with minimal direct supervision.
• Be able to understand blueprint drawings and written specifications. Also understand work orders, change orders and all other carpentry related job documents.
• Perform rough and finish carpentry to company’s standard of quality and according to the plans and specifications. Bring discrepancies and special conditions to the attention of the Lead Carpenter for discussion. If situation cannot be resolved, notify Sales Staff and Production Manager.
• Be able to lay out and install stud wall framing.
• Be able to lay out and install stairs for a basement or deck using a framing square.
• Be able to establish grades for proper drainage of flatwork and simple structures.
• Ability to use a transit level to establish grades and elevations.
• Be able to install standard wall-hung cabinetry and accessories.
• Be able to install pre-hung door units and windows.
• Be able to install interior trim, base, casing, crown molding, etc. with superior craftsmanship.
• Be able to install drywall and able to properly tape drywall sheathing
• Be able to do simple repairs in painting/staining, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and flooring
• Ensure jobsite safety, protection and maintenance of company tools
• Maintain a safe and clean jobsite.
• Miscellaneous other duties as required
Minimum 3 years carpentry experience
Complete command of rough and finish carpentry skills
Ability to perform work according to Revamped Design Build Remodels quality standards
Good communication skills
The ability to read and understand construction documents
Eighty hours per bi-weekly period
Ability to perform physically demanding work on a consistent basis, including lifting 100 pounds
Driver’s license and good driving record.
TOOLS REQUIRED (minimum):
Basic hand tools such as hammer, tape measure, speed square, nail apron, etc.
Circular saw Saber saw Miter saw reciprocating saw
Drills Sanders Saw Horses Grounded ext. cords
2 ½ & 4′ Levels Hand Saws Squares Layout Tools
Stapler Compressor Hoses Portable Table Saw